J. Pinto and Associates Publications are available as Microsoft Word download files.
John Pinto is the country's most-published author on the subject of ophthalmic practice economics and management. Below is a small sample of recent articles. His numerous books are available at Slack Books.
Permission to quote from or reproduce these items with attribution is freely granted.
- Frugal Innovation White Paper
- The 'Twin Bridges Protocol': A Proposed Methodology to Measure and Help Improve Cataract Surgeon Skill
- The $10 Million Club: Solving Problems on the Way to Becoming a Much Larger Practice
- Rootless, Under-Employed Doctors Expected to Emerge With More Frequency as Ophthalmology's Economic Challenges Continue
- Just a Few Small Problems? Plan a Practice 'Make-Over'
- Eight Rules for Getting Along With Your Practice Partner
- Develop a Simple, Pragmatic Strategic Plan For Your Practice in Five Easy Steps
- Pinto's Practice Development Doctrine. Five Easy Rules to Help You Stay Out of Trouble as You Grow
- Three Growth and Profit Strategies for the Next Five Years
- Practice Cash Flow Comes From the Value We Bring to Our Patient Relationships
- Making a Smooth Transition From Solo to Group-Practice
- Planning and Planting Your Practice Garden
- Avoiding The Dangers of Practice Growth
- Cures for Doctor Burnout
- Grooming Your Practice For a Sale
- How to Jumpstart a Declining Practice
- Indexing Promotional Expenses to Growth Goals
Are You Spending Too Much or Too Little on Marketing?
- Is Your Practice Large Enough? Defining and Sustaining Practice Growth Goals.
- Managing Employee Optometrists in Your Practice
- Measuring and Monitoring the Surgical Density of Your Practice
- The Ophthalmic Personality
- Optical Performance Guidelines, Indices and Pearls
- Questions That Can Improve Your Bottom Line
- Scoring Your Practice: How Does the Quality of Your Life Count?
- Small is Beautiful.Rethinking the Size of Your Practice
- Successful Strategies For Hiring and Managing Subspecialists
- Surgeons and Managers: Partnering for Practice Growth
- Ten Simple Rules For a Successful Practice
- The Cash Flow Benefits of Continuous, Quality Care
- The Economics of Formal Procedures and Cross-Coverage
- What Does Your Associate Doctor Really Want?
- What Office Facilities Do You Really Need...What Can Your Practice Afford?
- Worried About a Light Appointment Book?
Longer-Term Forecasting With Clinic and Surgery Booking Trends
- Seizing Life in Paris, Seizing Life in Your Practice